As we enter into flu season, this is a reminder that frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer is the best way to prevent the spread of disease. Many people catch the flu from infected people who are coughing and sneezing. Please teach your child to use a tissue or a sleeve when they have these symptoms.
- Fever policy: Keep your child home if she/he has a fever over 100.0. If your child has a fever at school, they must be picked up. Students may not return to school until their temperature is less than 100.0 for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications. A fever indicates that your child has a contagious infection.
- Please notify your child’s teacher and/or the school nurse if your child is absent with a contagious illness such as strep throat or the flu.
- If the doctor prescribes medication for your child, please make sure he/she takes it as directed-which means the right amount at the right time and without missing doses.
- Make sure your child is getting enough sleep. 9-11 hours of sleep is recommended for school age children.
- We encourage you to send in a refillable water bottle labeled with your child’s name every day. Please remind your child not to share.
- You may send in cough drops with a parent note. They will be kept in the health room.
- Students may keep lip balm in their backpacks for use during the school day. Please remind your child not to share.
Please contact the Health Room with any questions or concerns.
Phone: 410-313-5515 or Email: email@example.com
Friday, October 25, 2019 - 5:00pm